How Fabletics Grew Their Email List Size to 5.6M
As of Q3 2021, Fabletics has the largest email list size at 5.6M amongst competitors in the athleisure industry. Fabletics has an aggressive promotion strategy where 68% of their emails feature an exclusive offer or sale event and every month there is at least one major sales campaign. The brand also sends out a high volume of emails, with an average of 167 email campaigns per month.
Fabletics implements the following email tactics:
- Relevant & Timely Content: Fabletics creates seasonal content for every month. The brand regularly recommends different leggings based on monthly horoscopes.
- Testimonials & Reviews: In their email campaigns, the brand includes raving customer reviews of their products.
- Sale Countdown: During sale campaigns, emails feature a countdown so consumers are aware of how much time they have left to shop.
- Highlight Customer Service Channels: At the bottom of every purchase email, Fabletics outlines various ways consumers can reach them (live chat, FB messenger, phone) to provide immediate and exceptional after-sales support.
- Tailored Email Subscriptions: For inactive subscribers, Fabletics sends out an email to encourage them to update their email preferences.
- Feature User-Generated Content: Brands can expect to see a 29% increase in web conversions when they feature UGC.
- Interactive Emails: Be creative in the way that you reward consumers by gamifying the process. Fabletics featured a spin the wheel game to reveal an exclusive offer.
Fabletics has the largest email list size at 5.6M amongst competitors in the athleisure industry:
Fabletics maintains a high volume of emails with an average of 167 campaigns per month. The brand sends out around 5 emails every day to different audience segments of their email list.
68% of emails feature a sale event or bundle deal that is currently being offered to customers. All sale emails include a number in the email subject line (i.e: 70% off, 2 for $24 bundle).
Every month there is at least one major sale communicated via email. During the first six months of the year, one of the biggest sale events was during June for their end of season sale.
During the latter half of the year, the brand created their own holiday called “official international legging day” to celebrate Fabletic’s birthday. Black Friday and Boxing day are also notable sale holidays that they participate in during November and December.
#1. Seasonal Creatives
Create Relevant Content for Your Audience. Timely content can help increase engagement, for example, Fabletics regularly recommends different leggings based on monthly horoscopes. Include monthly holidays and celebrations into your content calendar and incorporate them into your email campaigns. During December 2020, the brand created a yearly roundup email that celebrated wins from 2020 such as their 5 charity partnerships and over 50,000 men subscribing to their VIP program.
#2. Testimonials & Reviews
Provide Social Proof. Fabletics includes raving customer reviews of their products in their email campaigns. They indicate the number of reviews received (i.e: “500+ 5-star reviews”) as well as a quote of a testimonial to provide social proof to readers. The email includes a CTA button which includes the name of the product and directs users to the PDP (product detail page).
Create a Sense of Urgency. During sale campaigns, Fabletics sends out an email including a countdown so consumers are aware of how much time they have left before the offer expires.
The brand also incorporates this tactic in their subject line:
- “Final hours to shop 2 for $39 PowerHold bottoms!”
- “These must-have styles are selling out”
- “Final hours! Your exclusive offer ends soon”
- “Summer sale ends @ midnight!”
- “Your sale ends tomorrow!”
#4. Live Chat
Highlight Customer Service Channels. At the bottom of every purchase email, Fabletics has a section that outlines various ways consumers can reach their customer service team. Fabletics offers customer service via live chat on their website, FB messenger, and by phone. Fabletics aims to provide immediate and exceptional after-sales support to increase customer satisfaction and brand loyalty.
Drive Consumers to Instagram. Fabletics gives their consumers an incentive to follow the brand on Instagram by offering free workouts, exclusive offers, and giveaways. Give your consumers a sneak peek of your social media content in your email newsletter to gain new followers!
#5. Tailor Email Subscriptions
Encourage Subscribers to Update Preferences. For inactive email subscribers, Fabletics sends out an email with the subject line “the one email you WANT to open!” where they encourage their subscribers to update their email preferences. Taking a proactive approach can help re-engage inactive email subscribers by having them choose the specific type of emails they want to be subscribed to.
#6. Influencer Partnerships
Feature User-Generated Content (UGC). Fabletics feature their influencer partnerships in their email by including a collage full of UGC with each photo including the influencer’s Instagram handle. UGC photos are more likely to drive conversions compared to brand-created content in a studio. Brands can expect to see an increase of 29% in web conversions when sites feature user-generated content.
#7. Spin the Wheel
Interactive Emails. Fabletics offers exclusive deals to its VIP members where they have the opportunity to get 50 - 70% off of their order. Be creative in the way that you reward your consumers by gamifying the process. For example, Fabletics asked subscribers to spin the wheel to reveal the deal.
Subject line: Your exclusive deal is waiting….
Make your digital strategy bulletproof.
Get insights like these, customized for your audience and competitors.Learn about Research-AS-A-SERVICE →