TikTok Financial Services Content Opportunity Analysis™ Q1 2022
The Financial Services Industry can find content opportunities in Q1 2022 on TikTok from:
Legacy Planning: Sirmoneymoves (a mid-tier financial educator influencer on TikTok) shares best practices for establishing a living trust to ensure generational wealth.
Credit Card Hacks: Top videos share credit card tips or hacks they might not know, such as earning air miles to fly first class or using your credit card's purchase protection insurance on lost or damaged products.
Retirement Investing: Videos demonstrate the impact of compound interest over time when saving for retirement and show viewers how to invest their money best to retire comfortably.
Bitcoin Mining: The top videos showcase how profitable bitcoin mines can be and the expenses of running a mine.
TikTok Content Bucket Definitions
- This vs.That: Investing Edition: videos break down how to best allocate your money to increase your wealth better.
- Real Estate Investing: insight shared by real estate investors, tips and tricks about how to start investing in real estate and reasons why people should focus on real estate more than non-tangible investments.
- Crypto News: videos share news and updates about the digital currency world.
- Credit Tips: educational videos teach viewers how to build or improve their credit or avoid common credit mistakes.
- TaxTok: videos feature tips on saving money on taxes through government incentives, loopholes or hacks.
- Money Saving Hacks: educating viewers on ways to save money on day-to-day purchases and expenses.
- Millionaire Advice: successful investors and entrepreneurs sharing advice about being financially successful.
- Legacy Planning: educating viewers on how to best set up their trusts to ensure generational wealth.
- Credit Card Hacks: helpful tips on using your credit card to reap the rewards in the form of points and insurance.
- Bitcoin Mining: videos educate viewers about bitcoin mining and provide insights into the average profit margins of mines.
- Money Motivation: videos inspire viewers to achieve financial success through investing, saving and working smart.
- Crypto Investing: videos aim to encourage viewers on investing in Cryptocurrencies over traditional investments.
- Crypto Gaming: videos about new crypto games, gaming coins and blockchain games.
- Bitcoin SV: creators discuss Bitcoin SV and its creation and share their insights for the currencies future.
- Retirement Investing: videos educate viewers on the power of compound interest and share ways to invest for retirement.
Data Collection Methodology
- Measure & Categorize. Sample a large number of social posts to find ones that are significantly outperforming the average.
- Identify Top Themes. Identify the themes that are resonating most with the audience by sorting the themes by their aggregated performance metrics.
- Measure Saturation. Identify content themes that are already oversaturated with a heavy posting cadence.
- Identify Whitespace. Look at the data and find the content themes that are both resonating with the audience and not oversaturated with a heavy posting cadence.
TikTok is a major channel whitespace opportunity for Financial Services brands to reach their audience in Q1 2022, according to RightMetric’s Digital Whitespace Map™ Analysis.
To see other channel whitespace opportunities for Q1 2022, see the Financial Services Digital Whitespace Map™ →
To see content opportunities on TikTok, continue reading.
The Financial Services TikTok content whitespace opportunities include:
TikTok content that is the most competitive due to its popularity and high competitor saturation in the Financial Services space include:
Content to avoid due to low attention and high competitor saturation in the Financial Services space include:
Content to ignore due to low attention and low competitor saturation in the Financial Services space include:
1. Legacy Planning
Tips on Creating a Living Trust: . Sirmoneymoves (a mid-tier financial educator influencer on TikTok) shares best practices for establishing a living trust to ensure generational wealth. On the right, the video discusses the transfer of assets to loved ones in a way that avoids capital gains taxes. On the left, the video teaches you how to best set up your life insurance policy with a living trust.
Tactics to Implement:
- What Not To Do: The top videos hook viewers by explaining what NOT to do and then offering the solution.
- Hashtags: Videos from Q4 2021 with the highest average number of engagements and views used 15 hashtags in their captions. Try experimenting with more hashtags to see what generates the most attention.
- CTA: Sirmoneymoves used the following call-to-action, “share this video with any homeowner you know”, on the video on the left to help generate more post shares.
2. Credit Card Hacks
Reap the Rewards: Top videos let users know about credit card tips or hacks they might not know, such as earning air miles to fly first class or using your credit card’s purchase protection insurance on lost or damaged products.
Tactics to Implement:
- Series: The video shown on the left was "Part 42" of thelegacyinvestingshow's “Credit Card Hack” series. Look for top-performing videos or topics in your niche and create a series around these. Videos should be about 9 to 15 seconds long and broken into multiple parts for easy viewership.
- Playlist: TikTok's playlist feature allows users to categorize their content and have it appear at the top of their profiles. Playlists help promote video series as viewers can easily find other parts of the series if they happen to view a video from a specific series on their FYP.
The Power of Compound Interest: Videos demonstrate the power of compound interest over time when saving for retirement and show viewers how to invest their money best to retire comfortably.
Tactics to Implement:
- Know Your Audience: TikTok is often overlooked as a platform for funny videos and dancing. However, retirement investing videos on the app generated over 22M views in Q4 2021, indicating that users are looking for videos on more mature subjects like retirement investing.
- Positive Reaction Stitch: On the left, we see a popular genre of videos on TikTok: positive stitch reaction videos. These entail “stitching” another video you agree with and showing your positive reaction to what is being shared in the original video.
Bitcoin Mines Profitability. The top videos showcase how profitable bitcoin mines can be. The video on the left explains the cost of running a mine, and it also shows that these costs are offset by the average monthly profits each miner makes — generating massive net profits. The video on the right showcases the mine's daily, monthly and yearly gross profits.
Tactics to Implement:
- Eye-Catching Hook: The top video (shown on the left) captures the attention of the viewer by using a numerical hook in their video cover — "700 bitcoin computers generate $8 million dollars a year".
- Voiceover: Both of the top bitcoin mining videos used a voiceover to narrate the video and explain how much their bitcoin mines generate.
Make your digital strategy bulletproof.
Get insights like these, customized for your audience and competitors.Learn about Research-AS-A-SERVICE →