Ideating Men's Content With Search Data
Content & Messaging — Answer the Audience’s Questions: In the Social Content Case Study we determined that some of the highest performing posts across all major social platforms include Relationships & Dating, Sport Highlights, Stunts & Extreme Sports, Hip Hop, Prank Videos, BLM, Video Game & eSports announcements, and Humour, applied to all topics above.
Consider combining those content themes with relevant audience Google searches & reddit advice threads around niche men’s activewear-related topics ideate top-performing content.
- “Best” sport-specific piece: Which pieces of clothing are essential to certain sports? Most commonly mentioned were gym workouts (or bodybuilding), running (or jogging), hiking (or mountaineering).
- How to fit in at the gym: A very large majority of questions were gym related, and showed hints of anxiety around an activity that is intimidating for many. How can we provide guidance and confidence?
- Sweat Busting: Many dudes asked questions about how to tackle excessive sweating, both in everyday life and while participating in sports? Can we address the issue head on?
- Clothing Gender Perceptions: A lot of questions centred around the social acceptance of men wearing certain types of activewear—especially leggings—and lulu products specifically. If this is an issue that lulu wants to approach from a brand perspective, there is an audience desire for leadership in this space.
- Problem-solving and tutorial seeking: Ex. “How can I stretch out my tight-fitting elastic shirt?” or “How to wash [brand] down jacket?” Or “How long does activewear take to air dry inside?”
- Quality and sustainability: Men increasingly want to know when and how their clothes are made, and if they will truly last over time. They’re taking the time to search and ask for answers.
- Adaptability to different body types: Common questions included men looking for activewear suited to an athletic/”ripped” build, short stature, v-shaped bodies, and plus-sized.
The most popular questions being asked on Google about men’s activewear are related to recommendations, clothing-etiquette, quality, and fashion.
Digging deeper, the specific questions that men are asking about recommendations on Google are:
Digging deeper, the specific questions that men are asking about clothing gender perceptions on Google are:
Digging deeper, the specific questions that men are asking about quality, fashion, and product-related on Google are:
The most popular questions being asked on Reddit about men’s activewear are related to recommendations, opinions, and fashion.
Digging deeper, the specific questions that men are asking about activewear recommendations on Reddit are:
Digging deeper, the specific questions that men are asking about opinions on Reddit are:
Digging deeper, the specific questions that men are asking about fashion, body specific, and sizing on Reddit are:
Make your digital strategy bulletproof.
Get insights like these, customized for your audience and competitors.Learn about Research-AS-A-SERVICE →