How Instagram Ads helped Yeti Increase Their Social Traffic by +71%
From July 2019 to June 2021, Yeti increased their web traffic in the US by +122%. This increase was experienced predominately in their mobile traffic, which increased by 168%. Furthermore, they had a 71% increase in social traffic from January 2020 to June 2021.
Paid Social Tactic —Budget Allocation: During this period, Yeti increased their social ad spend by 138%, resulting in a 134% increase in paid impressions. Yeti heavily increased their Instagram ad spend. In Q2 2021, Instagram ads made up 61% of their total social ad spend.
Paid Social Tactic — Instagram Ads: Story posts make up 71% of Yeti's ad spend on Instagram, followed by photo posts (18%). Yeti's Instagram ad spend spiked in September 2020, December 2020 and March 2021 to promote unique campaigns. Try experimenting with story ads to promote campaign creatives on Instagram and increase web traffic through the platform's swipe up feature.
Ad Creative Tactic — Partner with Influential People: The “Built to be Wild” campaign appeals to those longing for adventure and positions Yeti as a tool for attaining this aspirational lifestyle. Yeti partnered with influential people to create content that was interesting and inspiring to its target audience.
Ad Creative Tactic — Provoke Emotions: Yeti's V Series ads aim to provoke an emotional response to a vast audience with the shared experience of passing down things/lessons amongst generations. Try to avoid showcasing the USP of the product itself and focus on creating an emotional bond with your target audience.
Ad Creative Tactic — Holiday Campaign: Yeti's "Hauliday Gift Guide" campaign focused on their product offering and price point. The campaign followed Yeti's brand and subtly added a festive flair with green font and featured green and red products. Try increasing web traffic and sales with awareness and retargeting Instagram ads.
Ad Creative Tactic — Product Ads: Yeti's Color Collection ads were promotional, and the creative focused on their product. Try utilizing product facing ads to target users who are already familiar with your brand. Use short, powerful captions with bold imagery can help increase ad recall.
Over a two year period (July 2019-June 2021), Yeti increased their web traffic in the US by over +122%.
During this time period, mobile traffic increased by +168%, whereas desktop traffic only increased by +59%. In June 2021, mobile accounts for 70% of traffic which was a +12% increase from 2019.
Yeti also experienced an increase in their social traffic in the US, which increased by +71% from January 2020 to June 2021. *Social traffic from mobile is unavailable from Jul.‘19-Dec.’19
Yeti increased their average monthly social ad spend by +138% from July 2019 to June 2021. This additional ad spend resulted in +134% increase in paid social impressions.
From Q3 2020 to Q2 2021, Yeti increased their ad spend by +1693%, +327%, +219%, on Instagram, Facebook and YouTube, respectively.
In Q2 2021, Instagram made up 61% of their total social ad spend, followed by Facebook (23%) and YouTube (17%).
Looking at their Instagram ad spend breakdown by creative type, they mainly focus on story ads which make up 71% of their Instagram ad spend.
Yeti’s Instagram ad spend spikes in September 2020, December 2020 and March 2021 correlate with their Built for the Wild, V Series, Hauliday, and Color Collection campaigns.
Built For the Wild
- 1.91:1 Video Post
- Yeti's brand celebrates adventure and exploring the outdoors. The “Built for the Wild” campaign was designed to appeal to those longing for adventure and position Yeti as a the tool for attaining this aspirational lifestyle.
- Use Instagram ads to drive traffic to website.
- Create engaging content that is aspirational to your audience.
- Partner with influential people to help you create content that is interesting or inspiring to your target audience.
- 1:1 Video Link Post
- Provoke emotion with audience with storytelling
- Ad creative is relatable to a wide audience by focusing on things/lessons that are passed down amongst generations
- Showcase quality by positioning the product as something to have for “generations”
- Foster an emotional bond with the user and the brand by sharing relatable stories.
- Avoid showcasing the USP of the product and instead focus on the lifestyle that the product can provide.
- 1:1 Image Post
- Showcase product offering through a holiday gift guide.
- Ad creative subtly adds a festive flair by using a green font and featuring red and green products.
- Increase web traffic and drive sales with an awareness and retargeting campaign on Instagram.
- Create a holiday gift guide that is unique to your brand such as Yeti’s “Hauliday” gift guide.
- Use price point as a call-to-action to shop gifts under a certain amount.
- 1:1 Photo Post
- Promote new limited edition products
- The creative is intended to be promotional. The collection name is clear, and the products are apparent to the user.
- Run promotional product campaigns to target users who are already familiar with your brand.
- Positioning your product around a story that is related to the product itself can provoke emotional connections with customers.
- Use short, powerful captions with bold imagery can help increase ad recall.
Make your digital strategy bulletproof.
Get insights like these, customized for your audience and competitors.Learn about Research-AS-A-SERVICE →