Instagram Financial Services Content Opportunity Analysis™ Q1 2022
The Financial Services Industry can find content opportunities in Q1 2022 on Instagram from:
Money Moves. DJ and content creator Chantel Jeffries created a series called “Money Moves” that invites financial creators to offer budgeting and crypto education to her platform.
Crypto Advice. Entrepreneurs and financial creators share quick clips of their advice for people to consider when thinking about the digital currency space.
Investing Strategies. Financial creators sharing their favourite tips or strategies around how they manage and grow their money.
Money Convos. Money Convos generally take place as interviews or talks to larger audiences about financial health and perspective in managing personal money and opportunities for the future.
Data Collection Methodology
- Measure & Categorize: Sample a large number of social posts to find ones that are significantly outperforming the average.
- Identify Top Themes: Identify the themes that are resonating most with the audience by sorting the themes by their aggregated performance metrics.
- Measure Saturation: Identify content themes that are already oversaturated with a heavy posting cadence.
- Identify Whitespace: Look at the data and find the content themes that are both resonating with the audience and not oversaturated with a heavy posting cadence.
Instagram is a highly oversaturated channel with the highest Competitor Focus for Financial Services brands in Q1 2022, according to RightMetric’s Digital Whitespace Map™ Analysis.
To see other channel whitespace opportunities for Q1 2022, see the Financial Services Digital Whitespace Map™ →
To see content opportunities on Instagram, continue reading.
Instagram Content Bucket Definitions
- Benefits of Investing: Creators share their key takeaways and the benefits of learning how to invest and participate in the financial community.
- Celebrities & Investing: Videos showing celebrity thoughts on how people should be investing or using their money.
- Company Commitments: Companies sharing how they are committed to improving their behaviour in their investments and infrastructure building.
- Content Previews: Teasing longer videos with heavy promotional-based video edits.
- Crypto Advice: Videos with specific lessons on what crypto is and how to navigate it.
- Environment Investments: Creators and financial moguls creating content to support environment investments such as Richard Branson’s investment in Upside Foods.
- Financial Literacy Tips: Easy lessons made to teach people about basic financial literacy, for example two people quizzing each other on elements of daily financial terms.
- Inequalities in Investing: Sharing insights about the economy and how there are many inequalities in the world of finance for the everyday person.
- Influencer Partnerships: How banks, neo-banks and cryptocurrencies are partnering with influencers to create unique branded content.
- Actionable Investing Strategies: Videos that breakdown how to best allocate your money to increase wealth.
- Investment Properties: Creators sharing their investment properties and how they are participating in the financial real estate market.
- Millennial Finance: Videos explicitly sharing thoughts and insights on how Millennials invest their money and adapt to current events with where they are in their lives.
- Money Convos: These take place as interviews or talks to larger audiences about financial health and perspective in managing personal money and opportunities for the future.
- Money Moves: DJ Chantel Jeffries created a series called “Money Moves” that invites financial creators to offer budgeting and crypto education to her platform.
- Personal Finance Insight: Creators sharing their personal experiences with how they manage, grow and maintain their personal finances.
- Social Issues in Banking: Videos discussing the issues in the banking system that can lead to negative impacts for people.
The Financial Services Instagram content whitespace opportunities include:
Instagram content that is the most competitive due to its popularity and high competitor saturation in the Financial Services space include:
Content to avoid due to low attention and high competitor saturation in the Financial Services space include:
Content to ignore due to low attention and low competitor saturation in the Financial Services space include:
#1. Money Moves
The Power of a Series. DJ and content creator Chantel Jeffries created a series called “Money Moves” that invites financial creators to offer budgeting and crypto education to her platform.
Tactics to Implement:
- Short & Sweet Intro: Chantel Jeffries quickly introduces herself and summarizes the point of her series in less than 10 seconds.
- Use Dynamic Visuals: Key metrics or important facts are always displayed on screen in bright and engaging text. Relevant references to social media platform tools are used to make the content feel more engaging. For example, this video has clips featuring the Instagram Story editing screen to make viewers feel like they are getting behind the scenes content.
#2. Crypto Advice
Simple Concepts to Think About in Crypto. Entrepreneurs and financial creators share quick clips of their advice for people to consider when thinking about the digital currency space, this includes both positive and negative experiences.
Tactics to Implement:
- Keep it Organic: Creators often share videos of themselves talking directly to their audience as snippets from longer pieces of content like YouTube videos or podcast recordings.
- Use Examples: Creators will bring in historical financial events to set precedent for the points they are making. Adding references helps the audience connect and understand new perspectives.
- Set it Up: For videos around a minute long, creators set the beginning up strongly to ensure viewers know a clear story will be told.
#3. Actionable Investing Strategies
Specific Strategy Insights. Financial creators sharing their favourite tips or strategies around how they manage and grow their money.
Tactics to Implement:
- Captions: These creators often create designated spaces to add their own branded captions into the video for accessibility.
- Aha-moments: Featured clips aim to share insightful information that viewers can directly take information away from for their own strategies.
- Background Information: Creators aim to back their insights with financial literacy information to help the audience understand their perspective and why they choose to operate in specific ways.
#4. Money Convos
Deeper Conversations about Money. Money Convos generally take place as interviews or talks to larger audiences about financial health and perspective in managing personal money and opportunities for the future.
Tactics to Implement:
- Longer Videos: Money conversations can go from 5-30 minutes in length.
- Focus on Change: Many of these conversations revolve around the state of the world and how people are missing opportunities or have the chance to capitalize on new investments in their life.
- Repurpose Content: In this video, Grant Cardone is giving a lecture to students with a whiteboard and had it filmed so that easy, genuine content could be shared on social media.
Make your digital strategy bulletproof.
Get insights like these, customized for your audience and competitors.Learn about Research-AS-A-SERVICE →