Facebook Financial Services Content Opportunity Analysis™ Q1 2022
The Financial Industry can find content opportunities in Q1 2022 from:
- Storytelling: Companies are communicating the benefits of their launches to capture attention.
Social Issues in Banking
- Taking Initiative: How institutions are working to create safe spaces for systemic injustices within society.
- Accessibility: How businesses are updating their practices to enable their customer base to pay using crypto.
Data Collection Methodology
- Measure & Categorize. Sample a large number of social posts to find ones that are significantly outperforming the average.
- Identify Top Themes. Identify the themes that are resonating most with the audience by sorting the themes by their aggregated performance metrics.
- Measure Saturation. Identify content themes that are already oversaturated with a heavy posting cadence.
- Identify Whitespace. Look at the data and find the content themes that are both resonating with the audience and not oversaturated with a heavy posting cadence.
- Repeat For Each Platform. Repeat the analysis for every platform that matters to your brand and audience to find platform-specific opportunities.
Facebook is a major channel whitespace opportunity for Financial Services brands to reach their audience in Q1 2022, according to RightMetric’s Digital Whitespace Map™ Analysis.
To see other channel whitespace opportunities for Q1 2022, see the Financial Services Digital Whitespace Map™ →
To see content opportunities on Facebook, continue reading.
Facebook content the audience has been the most interested in Q4 2021 includes:
While the majority of Facebook content in the finance space has focused on:
The financial services Facebook content whitespace opportunities include:
Content to avoid due to low attention and high competitor saturation in the finance space include:
Content that appeared in both Q4 2021 and Q1 2022 experienced the following increases or decreases in total views & engagements and # of posts:
#1. Crypto Launches
It’s All About the Benefits. Companies and people who are launching new crypto options are seeing lots of interest. From trading companies like Robinhood offering new features to people launching their own tokens, providing enough information to communicate the benefits of the crypto launch can capture attention.
Tactics to Implement:
- Tell a Story: When announcing a new token, creators have tried combining presales with storytelling to share why their token is better than competitors. This strategy features making eye contact and talking directly to the camera.
- Formatted Captions: When Robinhood launched a new crypto feature on their platform, they used a well formatted caption with a lot of white space in between thoughts and the use of relevant emojis to guide the eye.
#2. Social Issues in Finance
Shedding Light on Injustices. Many financial companies are discussing ESG Investing and sustainability practices, but it is less common to hear practices around how financial institutions are working to create safe spaces for systemic injustices within society.
Tactics to Implement:
- Identify Shortcomings: This newscast shares a story about unjust treatment a patron faced at a bank in the USA. Recognizing any blind spots in the system can help guide the direction for new content.
- Sharing Commitments: If genuine, financial institutions can share and celebrate their pledges to improve their company culture and commitment to rectifying injustices
#3. Accepting Crypto
Adjusting with the Times. As crypto continues to grow to be an adopted form of transactions, many businesses are updating their practices to enable their customer base to pay using crypto.
Tactics to Implement:
- Show Your Product: When a business is announcing that they now are accepting crypto, it enables them to remind their followers what their product is and how it can serve them.
- Use Text to Introduce Information: Using text on the screen to remind viewers why they’ve made a post about their product can help start conversations around crypto’s involvement in the company.
Content Bucket Definitions
- Accepting Crypto: Videos of how businesses are updating their practices to enable their customer base to pay using crypto.
- Celebrities & Investing: Videos showing celebrities’ thoughts on how people should be investing or using their money.
- Celebrity NFTs: Videos featuring the launches and celebrations of NFTs made by different celebrities.
- Crypto Launches: Videos sharing how different people and companies are launching their crypto tokens.
- Crypto Lessons: Videos with specific lessons on what crypto is and how to navigate it.
- Financial Comedy: Relatable or funny videos making jokes about the state of the financial industry.
- Gen Z Finance: Videos sharing findings from surveys and research about Gen Z habits in the financial industry.
- Investing 101: Quick and easy lessons made to teach people about investing.
- Investing Insight: Showing specific examples of how different people would invest varying amounts of money.
- Market Updates: How different elements in the financial world are being impacted or impacting society.
- Real Estate Investing: Insight shared by real estate investors and how they would get started in the industry and why people
should focus on real estate more.
- Social Issues in Banking: Videos discussing the issues in the banking system that can lead to negative impacts for people.
- Spirituality & Finance: Videos exploring the relationship between religion and finance.
- Sustainable Investing: Videos discussing ESG investing and sustainable practices for the financial industry.
Make your digital strategy bulletproof.
Get insights like these, customized for your audience and competitors.Learn about Research-AS-A-SERVICE →