YouTube Poland Electronic Music Content Opportunity Analysis™ 2019-2022
Content Opportunity Methodology
- Measure & Categorize: Sample a large number of social posts to find ones that are significantly outperforming the average.
- Identify Top Themes: Identify the themes that are resonating most with the audience by sorting the themes by their aggregated performance metrics.
- Identify a Benchmark: Identify content themes that are performing above and under an average benchmark for the industry based on views & engagements.
- Repeat For Each Platform: Repeat the analysis for every platform that matters to your brand and audience to find platform-specific opportunities.
- Identify Opportunities: Look at the data and find the content themes that are resonating with the audience based on a set of top creators.
YouTube Content Bucket Definitions
- Virtual Festival Live Stream: Full-day live stream of virtual electronic festivals with multiple performances from various DJs.
- Unique Location Mix: High-production videos of artists playing sets in outrageously stunning or unique locations.
- Sound Definition: A video series by Czwórka in which they discuss the history and definition of various electronic music subgenres.
- Club Set: Full sets from performances in a club setting with a live crowd.
- Stream Set: A DJ performs a complete set for online viewers.
- MIDI Performance: Videos of an artist performing live on a MIDI controller.
- Festival Live Stream: Live stream footage from festival performances.
- Aftermovie: Professionally shot and edited videos that recap a festival/performance accompanied by music.
- Polish DJs Chart: 50 polish DJs compete to be ranked as the best polish electronic music artists by viewers who vote online.
- Tutorial: Long-form videos that provide an in-depth look at music production equipment, software and techniques.
- DJing 101: DJs share the best tips and tricks for beginners.
- XONI On Air: A live broadcast of the podcast episode featuring well-known polish DJs, live sets, premieres, interviews, interesting facts, competitions and news.
Virtual Festival Live Stream is an extreme performing content opportunity, averaging 3X the views & engagement rate on YouTube.
Excellent performing content opportunities for the Polish electronic audience on YouTube include:
Good performing content for the Polish electronic audience on YouTube include:
Substandard performing content for the Polish electronic audience on YouTube include:
Low performing content for the Polish electronic audience on YouTube include:
Extreme Performing Segment:
1. Virtual Festival Live Stream
With COVID we saw the birth of virtual festivals that allowed people to experience a full day of performances from multiple DJs from the comfort of their homes. Though the top videos were streamed in 2020, research by IMS Ibiza shows that “there will always be a market for streaming to people who can’t get to a physical show.”
Tactics to Implement:
- Online Party: The top videos were a live stream of Sunrise Festival’s New Year Celebration, which allowed viewers to celebrate and engage with the community in real time from the comfort of their homes. The stream included a countdown to the new year (starting 5 minutes before) — making the viewer feel as if they were a part of the party.
- Video Frame: Both streams had a festive frame around the video and sometimes had a banner scroll across with the DJ’s name and Sunrise Festival.
- Host an annual NYE Live stream, where people can celebrate together and enjoy sets from some of the top artists in Poland’s electronic scene.
2. Unique Location Mix
Videos of artists playing sets in outrageously stunning or unique locations, such as Armina's live set at Baku and the Platinum Place Hotel. In the videos, the location of the set is highlighted with drone footage.
Tactics to Implement:
- Various Footage: These videos differ from most stream sets in using footage from multiple angles with high-quality production values. Both videos were filmed in 4K and featured this information in the video descriptions.
- YouTube Chapters: The second video below uses chapters to help break up with video into different sections and add context to each portion of her set to let viewers easily rewatch different sections.
- Long-Form Video: Top performing videos were both just over an hour long.
- Explore the beautiful, unique locations throughout Poland and film sets in a way which showcases these locations to the viewer. In addition, work with local artists to give them a chance to perform in areas that are special to the community.
3. Sound Definition
Czwórka created a video series called “Definicja Brzmienia” (Sound Definition). These videos discuss the histories and definitions of various electronic music subgenres such as Detroit Techno, Drum and Bass, Garage/2 Step, Trip Hop, Disco and Electro.
Tactics to Implement:
- Video Length: Videos ranged from 3 to 4 minutes in length.
- Visual Learning: This video uses a narrator to discuss the subgenre's history and features various imagery, video clips, and audio to help inform the viewer. Transitions between scenes help keep the viewer's attention. On-screen text is used to help reinforce the information.
- YouTube is often used as a resource for learning. Create niche content, such as a series of videos explaining the history and definition of a subgenre of electronic music, to reach engaged fans interested in learning more about the genre and finding new music.
4. Club Set
Top videos were shared by the Ukrainian DJ, Armina, who is based in Poland. Videos feature full-set mixes performed live at clubs in Wroclaw and Warsaw. The sets were progressive house and melodic techno mixes.
Tactics to Implement:
- Tracklist: Armina provides a tracklist in the video description so the viewers can easily access the songs she uses in her set.
- YouTube Tags: Armina used 37 YouTube tags in both videos, with most being 2-4 word phrases. A study by Briggsby found that videos with 31 to 40 tags using two to three words each tend to be the most optimal. The tags were highly relevant, specific (ex. melodic techno) and broad (ex. dj set). Furthermore, she used tags such as Nora En Pure, Korolova and Miss Monique — other well-known female DJs.
- Capture live performances from Poland’s top artists at clubs or venues in 4K footage and upload the whole set to YouTube. Include the tracklist in the description of each video.
These videos were omitted from their content buckets as ‘viral’ outliers for exceeding 3x the views and engagements of their respective benchmarks.
Content: In this video, Tribbs explains how to use stock Ableton plugins to create wonderful sounds in a way that's easy to follow.
Length: 21:17, 4:40 & 20:26
Content: Aftermovies are professionally shot and edited videos featuring various clips of the music, people and events during a festival.
Tactics: MAYDAY uses the keywords “Official Aftermovie” and “(4K)” in its video titles to boost discoverability and viewership.
Make your digital strategy bulletproof.
Get insights like these, customized for your audience and competitors.Learn about Research-AS-A-SERVICE →