Instagram Poland Electronic Music Content Opportunity Analysis™ 2019-2022
Content Opportunity Methodology
- Measure & Categorize: Sample a large number of social posts to find ones that are significantly outperforming the average.
- Identify Top Themes: Identify the themes that are resonating most with the audience by sorting the themes by their aggregated performance metrics.
- Identify a Benchmark: Identify content themes that are performing above and under an average benchmark for the industry based on views & engagements.
- Repeat For Each Platform: Repeat the analysis for every platform that matters to your brand and audience to find platform-specific opportunities.
- Identify Opportunities: Look at the data and find the content themes that are resonating with the audience based on a set of top creators.
Instagram Content Bucket Definitions
- Aftermovie: Professionally shot and edited videos that recap a festival/performance accompanied by music.
- Live Performance: Footage from a live festival or performance.
- Aerial Festival Views: Drone footage of festivals taken on an elevated vantage point to capture the magnificence of the festival.
- Unique Raves: Videos showcase unusual, famous or secret ways people experience electronic music and performances.
- Epic Visuals: These videos capture spectacular or unique light and laser shows at festivals/performances.
- Festival Shenanigans: Crazy, funny or entertaining clips from electronic music festivals.
- Electronic Humour: Videos meant to be entertaining, humorous or relatable to the electronic community.
- Festival Audience Video: Lo-fi videos captured by fans in the audience at a festival or during a live performance.
- Festival Set Up: Behind-the-scenes footage of the festival set up and production.
- Interview: Videos of a host asking artists various questions about their music and beyond in a traditional Q&A format.
- The Making Of: Behind-the-scenes clips from the moments when a song comes together.
Content buckets that had the highest average views & engagement in the Polish electronic space include:
Good performing content for the Polish electronic audience on Instagram include:
Substandard performing content for the Polish electronic audience on Instagram include:
Low performing content for the Polish electronic audience on Instagram include:
High-quality video compilations from festivals and performances shared as an aftermovie or teaser. The top videos were posted by Sunrise Festival and are a compilation of clips from Carl Cox’s performance and of the festival itself.
Tactics to Implement:
- Caption Length: Keep captions for aftermovies short and sweet to tap into the community, for example on this post the caption is only 15 words. When looking at the data set as a whole, Instagram videos with captions using 0-9 words generated the highest average engagement and views, followed by those with 40-49 words.
- Various Clips: Videos use multiple angles and perspectives and employ various editing techniques such as slow motion, zooming, and panning. Music is added in sync with the clips.
- Create a compilation video of performers, performances and festival highlights using high-quality footage from various perspectives. Teasers and aftermovies are a great way to keep the excitement going between events and let people know what they can expect in the future.
2. Live Performance
Tactics to Implement:
- Behind the Decks: Live performance videos generate 96% of their views and engagements from videos shot from the DJ's point of view from behind the decks.
- Epic Moments: In this video, EDM superstar Carl Cox wearing a helmet with fire during his set at Space Bar Ibiza, which ignites when his beat drops. Additionally, this video showcases DJ Kris talking to his audience on the last night of the Sunrise 2022 festival.
- Video Format: Top videos are both just under a minute in length.
- Share epic moments or drops from live performances or festivals. Capture the crowd by shooting from behind the DJ decks. Share clips from iconic performances as throwback posts to engage your audience.
3. Aerial Festival Views
Drone footage of festivals taken from an elevated vantage point to capture the magnificence of the festival. Top videos were shared by FEST Festival.
Tactics to Implement:
- Time-lapse: Time-lapse videos are created by manipulating how the frame rate is captured and played back. Both videos use this filming/editing technique to make it look like time is speeding up.
- Footage: Both videos use drone footage that captures the view of the magnitude of a festival. Additionally, this video employs a variety of camera movements such as zooming, panning, and tracking using a dolly, Panaglide or Steadicam.
- Video Format: Top videos were 13 & 59 seconds in length and were vertical (9:16).
- Use drones to capture the magnitude and magnificence of a festival. Showcase how the festival transforms from day to night.
These videos were omitted from their content buckets as ‘viral’ outliers for exceeding 3x the views and engagements of their respective benchmarks.
Video Length: 7:50
Content: FEST Festival’s official 2021 Aftermovie.
Video Length: 0:13
Content: Footage of a senior couple dancing at an EDM festival.
Festival Set Up
Video Length: 1:16
Content: Footage from Sunrise Festival’s set up.
Tactic: Make viewers feel like they're part of the process by sharing Behind-The-Scenes footage of setting up Red Bull sponsored events, or studios.
Video Length: 0:33, 0:30 & 0:30
Content: Vertically oriented video content (9:17) from Tribbs' (Polish EDM artist) live performances.
Tactic: The second video below features a clip from when Tribbs has the audience sing his track before he plays it.
Make your digital strategy bulletproof.
Get insights like these, customized for your audience and competitors.Learn about Research-AS-A-SERVICE →