How G FUEL Generates Over +36M Hours Watched per Month on Twitch
G FUEL is well known amongst the gaming community for its partnerships with prominent gaming video creators and many popular Esports Organizations. Since launching on Twitch, “G FUEL” has generated over 1.1B views from 91.1K videos created by 2.0K streamers.
G FUEL reaches users on Twitch through these three main ways:
1. Official Sponsored Streamers: G FUEL’s Team Gamma features 37 Twitch streamers with a combined total of 45.1M followers on Twitch. Most of these streamers have over +100K followers or generate +1K concurrent average viewers. xQcOW is G FUEL’s most popular streamer with 9.4M followers, followed by Nick Mercs with 6.2M followers.
G FUEL’s top 10 streamers make up 80% of their total Twitch followers on Team Gamma.
2. Sponsored eSport Organizations: As part of “Team Gamma”, G FUEL has nine sponsored eSport organizations, which have a combined total of 88.6M followers on Twitch. The most predominant organizations are Luminosity Gaming and FaZe Clan. G FUEL has been partnered with FaZe Clan since 2012 and has expanded its partnership until 2028. FaZe Clan is one of the world’s most popular eSports organizations with a fanbase of +219M followers. Their partnership entails co-branded merchandise, exclusive ambassador deals with some of FaZe Clan’s personalities, and more.
3. Branded Twitch Team: G FUEL has a branded Twitch team consisting of 572 members, which was the most-watched team in September 2021, generating over +36M hours watched. Together, the team has a combined total of 70.8M followers, with summit1g making up 6M of them and elded having 4.5M.
Leveraging Twitch Partnerships:
- Affiliate Promo Codes: Most of G FUEL’s sponsored streamers feature a G FUEL affiliate promo code in their about section, which links to the G FUEL site. G FUEL uses a UTM tag for each affiliate link.
- Brand Awareness: Many of G FUEL’s larger streamers either feature the G FUEL logo in their profile banner, use G FUEL pop-ups or frames in their videos and/or have G FUEL products or fridge visible on their streams.
- Co-Branded Products: Some of G FUEL’s Team Gamma Twitch streamers have created co-branded products such as custom flavours and shaker cups.
- Custom Product Pages: Some of G FUEL’s Team Gamma streamers have custom product pages that feature their logo, affiliate promo code and a selection of their favourite products. These “favourite product pages” drive an average 13K web visits per month.
In 2012, G FUEL launched as one of the first gaming drink brands and later trademarked itself as the “Official Energy Drink of Esports®”. G FUEL is well known amongst the gaming community for its partnerships with prominent gaming video creators and many popular Esports Organizations. Since launching in 2013 on Twitch, “G FUEL” has generated over 1.1B views from 91.1K videos created by 2.0K streamers as of October 2021.
G FUEL reaches users on Twitch through these three main ways:
- Official Sponsored Streamers
- Sponsored eSport Organizations
- Branded Twitch Team
1. Official Sponsored Streamers
On G FUEL’s Official Roster Page, “Team Gamma” features 37 Twitch streamers. These G FUEL streamers have a combined total of 45.1M followers and have generated over +44.3M hours watched in the past 30 days*. *Source: Stream Charts
Official Twitch streamers on G FUEL’s roster page have +100K followers or generate +1K concurrent average viewers. Exceptions to this may be streamers who play on their sponsored eSport teams, streamers with a large following on other platforms or unique streamers such as Seth Drums.
G FUEL’s Team Gamma Twitch streamers are highly concentrated in North America, with 92% in the US and 8% in Canada. Additionally, 100% of the streamers speak English as the primary language in their videos.
G FUEL Official Roster — Twitch Streamers
xQcOW is G FUEL’s most followed streamer with 9.4M followers, followed by Nick Mercs with 6.2M followers. G FUEL’s top 10 streamers make up 80% of their total Twitch following on Team Gamma.
Team Gamma's top 10 Twitch streamers on average generate 22.2K average concurrent viewers on their streams.
2. Sponsored eSport Organizations
As part of “Team Gamma”, G FUEL partners with the following nine eSport organizations: G FUEL is most well known for its partnership with FaZe Clan which has been one of the longest-standing partnerships in eSports.
G FUEL's sponsored eSport organizations have a combined total of 88.6M followers on Twitch, with FaZe Clan being the most popular at 34.7M and Luminosity Gaming being second at 30.1M.
From September 26th to October 25th, 2021, G FUEL’s sponsored eSport organizations generated +47.2M hours watched.
FaZe Clan x G FUEL
G FUEL and FaZe Clan have been working together since 2012, and expanded their partnership in 2020 until 2028. FaZe Clan is one of the world’s most popular eSports organization with a fanbase of +219M followers (+115M YouTube, +60M Twitter, +33M on Twitch, +805K on Facebook, +11M on Instagram).
The expansion of their partnership includes a deeper integration of FaZe Clan’s personalities, with Ewok, Mongraal, Sway and Nate Hill acting as exclusive ambassadors. Additionally, the partnership includes co-branded merchandise, the opening of the G FUEL studio in FaZe House, and branded long-form content.
3. Branded Twitch Team
In addition to G FUEL’s “Team Gamma” streamers and their sponsored eSports organizations, G FUEL has a team on Twitch made up 572 members. Twitch teams unite members and connect streamers, and showcases live channels. Members who are live are featured in the team’s video player, and the team’s description will be shown below the player.
G FUEL’s team was the most watched team in September 2021 with the streamers in the community generating over +36M hours watched.
G FUEL’s team consists of 572 streamers which have a combined total of 70.8M followers. From Sep. 26 - Oct. 25, 2021, the team of streamers generated 37.7M hours watched.
G FUEL’s Twitch team speak predominantly English (96%) and Spanish (4%). Of their top 12 streamers, 75% are based in the US and 25% in the UK.
Top Streamers on G FUEL’s Twitch Team
Many members of G FUEL's Twitch team members, all of their Team Gamma streamers and all of the sponsored team players feature a G FUEL affiliate promo code on their "about" section which links to the G FUEL website. G FUEL uses a UTM tag for each affiliate link categorizing the clicks by influencer campaign and the streamers’ username
In addition to the affiliate link on streamer’s about pages, G FUEL leverages its partnerships with streamers by featuring the G FUEL logo on their profile banners, using G FUEL pop-ups or frames on videos, and/or having G FUEL products or fridge visible on camera.
- Featuring the G FUEL logo on profile banners
- Using G FUEL pop-ups or frames
- Having G FUEL products or fridge visible on camera
Additionally, some of G FUEL’s Team Gamma streamers have custom product pages that feature their logo, affiliate promo code and a product page featuring their favourite products. These “favourite product pages” drive an average 13K web visits per month.
Make your digital strategy bulletproof.
Get insights like these, customized for your audience and competitors.Learn about Research-AS-A-SERVICE →