Facebook Italy Hip-Hop Content Opportunity Analysis™ 2019-2022
Content Opportunity Methodology
- Measure & Categorize. Sample a large number of social posts to find ones that are significantly outperforming the average.
- Identify Top Themes. Identify the themes that are resonating most with the audience by sorting the themes by their aggregated performance metrics.
- Identify a Benchmark. Identify content themes that are performing above and under an average benchmark for the industry based on views & engagements.
- Identify Opportunities. Look at the data and find the content themes that are resonating with the audience based on a set of top creators.
- Repeat For Each Platform. Repeat the analysis for every platform that matters to your brand and audience to find platform-specific opportunities.
Facebook Content Bucket Definitions
- Rapping On...: Similar to the “Freestyling On…” content category, “Rapping On…” focuses on rappers sharing pre-written lyrics over a famous beat.
- Intervista: Italian media publications share interviews as a way for fans to connect on a deeper level with their favourite artists.
- Comedic Rap Battles: Content creators taking rap battles to the next level by building engaging skits and costumes around the subject matter.
- Responding to Hate: Rappers are invited on to read negative & funny comments on the internet about themselves and respond.
- Setting-Based Rap Battle: Battle rap that takes place in a specific setting like a cage or a boxing ring.
- Live Solo Performance: Italian rappers stepping up to the mic in a controlled setting to perform a song or series of songs for a video.
- Trap Take: Artists are invited onto live radio to do a ‘trap take’ where they are given a trap style beat to rap over and showcase their talent.
- With or Without Autotune: Content that gives audience insight into what their favourite (or least favourite) artists sound like without autotune.
Content buckets that had the highest average views & engagement in the Italian hip-hop space include:
Substandard performing content opportunities for the Italian hip-hop audience on Facebook include:
Low performing content opportunities for the Italian hip-hop audience on Facebook include:
1. Rapping On…
Tactics to Implement:
- Freestyle vs Pre-Written: On Facebook, videos where rappers performed foreign hip-hop in Italian or pre-wrote their lyrics saw +367% more views than freestyles.
- Text & Titles: Top performing videos in this category use top and bottom borders to showcase text describing what the video is about as seen in screenshots on the left.
- There is an opportunity to integrate more recent beats into the game as a chance to tap into the international hip-hop community for national rappers.
- Top performing videos in this category such as this tend to be shot in unusual settings in front of nature which is unique and could be an interesting way to tap into a country’s beauty in unison with artist talent.
Italian media publications share interviews as a way for fans to connect on a deeper level with their favourite artists.
Tactics to Implement:
- Serialize the Content: Interviews in the Italian media space all tend to have very specific angles that can be serialized. For example, Noisey has a series called Personal where artists can dive deeper into their history or Noisey Meets where artists introduce themselves to the publication and their audience.
Content Opportunities: Currently, not many publication sites are as present on Facebook as they are on other platforms, so third party pages are posting their interview content. This is creating an opportunity for more publications to become available on Facebook and share their original content.
3. Comedic Rap Battles
Content creators taking rap battles to the next level by building engaging skits and costumes around the subject matter.
Tactics to Implement:
- Current Events: These videos aim to poke fun or engage in satire based on current events in the world or community. This makes these videos relevant and story-based.
- Intro: To set the scene, these videos will often take up a skit format where the creators are acting until the conversation is triggered into a rap battle.
- Comedic rap battles have an opportunity to be executed with a higher production value and in a more tasteful way than currently existing on the market.
- Making current events or satire lighthearted could be a way to engage artists with prompts in their beliefs with the goal of keeping it value-based.
Make your digital strategy bulletproof.
Get insights like these, customized for your audience and competitors.Learn about Research-AS-A-SERVICE →