Facebook Italy Electronic Music Content Opportunity Analysis™ 2019-2022
Content Opportunity Methodology
- Measure & Categorize: Sample a large number of social posts to find ones that are significantly outperforming the average.
- Identify Top Themes: Identify the themes that are resonating most with the audience by sorting the themes by their aggregated performance metrics.
- Identify a Benchmark: Identify content themes that are performing above and under an average benchmark for the industry based on views & engagements.
- Identify Opportunities: Look at the data and find the content themes that are resonating with the audience based on a set of top creators.
- Repeat For Each Platform: Repeat the analysis for every platform that matters to your brand and audience to find platform-specific opportunities.
Facebook Content Bucket Definitions
- Live Mashups: Live Mashups where DJs will take multiple tracks and tastefully mix through their most prominent elements live or on camera.
- Unique Location Mix: Relative to the typical mix that’s either filmed live or in a curated studio, these mixes focus on beautiful and remote vistas in combination with some live instrument elements to create a very authentic EDM mix.
- Acoustic Remakes: Popular songs by EDM artists are covered in either small or complete forms through acoustic instrument(s).
- DJ Humour: Plain and simple, this videos take some of the nuanced opinions around DJing and turn it into differing funny situations.
- Song Production Breakdown: Videos that breakdown the varying aspects, styles, and application of electronic dance music production.
- Remade Songs: This category focuses on artists taking a known song or sample and reimagining it, through various styles of production, into a new genre.
- Synthesizer Performance: Content creators perform some variety of musical arrangement on a specific synthesizer.
- Synthesizer Walkthrough: Not to be mistaken with a performance, these videos focus on an informative approach to showcasing what a specific synthesizer sounds like, along with with the different options available within it.
- Faithful Recreations: Similar to “Remade” songs, but focuses on short clips that reproduce a very specific style of sound, i.e. “The lead synth sound from Van Halen’s “Jump”.
Live Mashups is an extreme performing content opportunity, averaging 3X the benchmark rate on Facebook.
Excellent performing content opportunities for the Italian electronic music audience on Facebook include:
Good performing content opportunities for the Italian electronic music audience on Facebook include:
Substandard performing content for the Italian electronic music audience on Facebook include:
Low performing content for the Italian electronic music audience on Facebook include:
Extreme Performing Segment:
1. Live Mashups
Live Mashups where DJs will take multiple tracks and tastefully mix through their most prominent elements live or on camera.
Tactics to Implement:
- Positive Association: Nearly every video in this category focuses on quantity over quality. High performers would typically see 2 to 3 songs being mixed with each other over a short time period.
- The Old & The New: A subtle but consistent theme to these clips is where newer trending songs are mixed with iconic classics reinforcing the factor of positive associations.
- Current Events: Occasionally, as seen in the video on the right, clips from news casts will be used as a musical element when mixing.
- Same but Different: When it comes to music, if viewers find something they like, augmenting that into something that retains the same theme but with added a slight twist is likely to perform better.
2. Unique Location Mix
Relative to the typical mix that’s either filmed live or in a curated studio, these mixes focus on beautiful and remote vistas in combination with some live instrument elements to create a very authentic EDM mix.
Tactics to Implement:
- Notable Areas: Each video in this category chooses specific areas to film that are either landmarks or common areas known for having an amazing view.
- Minimal: The performances in these mixes match the aesthetic of the chosen vista by NOT using any additional production tools beyond their music. I.e. light shows, smoke machines, etc.
- Long Form: Typical EDM Mix content on Facebook is by enlarge mostly lyric videos or a specific visualizer for the whole length of the video. This content bucket not only delivers desirable music, but adds an extremely powerful visual aspect as well, making the video act more as evergreen content than topical.
3. Acoustic Remakes
Popular songs by EDM artists are covered in either small or complete forms through some kind of acoustic instrument(s).
Tactics to Implement:
- Intimate: The production style of EDM is typically suited for atmospheres like a club or rave. This format of content flips the formula to still deliver the same music viewers enjoy but in an entirely different and approachable form.
- Different Audiences: Pull in classics from different genres and challenge artists to bring them into the world of EDM to expand reach and open fellow music lovers up to electronic remakes of other genres.
- Short but sweet, try using Facebook Reels as a way to engage all native features on the platform and be able to repurpose performing content on Instagram.
4. DJ Humour
Plain and simple, these videos take some of the nuanced opinions around DJing and turn it into differing funny situations.
Tactics to Implement:
- Context: DJs often physically express themselves to encourage or match the energy of the crowd they’re performing for. These videos take that footage and make light of it by finding funny ways to interpret them.
- Prominent Figures: Among the jokes made within the footage, high performers in this category consistently highlighted more prominent DJs as their subject matter.
- Context: Create a series that invites artists to discuss some of their most challenging times while performing when they wish they had trolled the audience with a pre-recorded performance.
These videos were omitted from their content buckets as ‘viral’ outliers for exceeding 3x the views and engagements of their respective benchmarks.
Unique Live Mixes
Length: 36:17, 35:38
Content: More content from the category of “Unique Location Set” showcasing the various locations and approaches to live music performing much higher than average.
Length: 0:54, 0:11
Content: The artist does a short run through of the different elements that comprise their song, and demo’s in full.
MIDI Controller Performance
Content: A MIDI controller is used in tandem with a another clip to create a funny beat corresponding to the audio of the oher clip.
Make your digital strategy bulletproof.
Get insights like these, customized for your audience and competitors.Learn about Research-AS-A-SERVICE →