YouTube Padel Tennis Content Opportunity Analysis™ July 2021 - June 2022
Top content opportunities from July 2021 - June 2022 in the Padel space include:
- Talented Young Players: Videos with young athletes showcasing their honed skills and tactics during a game replay and analyses of professional athlete’s games when they were younger.
Amateur vs. Professional:
- Friendly Game: Videos showing an amateur padel player going up against professional padel athletes and athletes of other sports, such as soccer, in a game of padel.
- Learning From the Best: Videos of professional coaches teaching padel techniques to help amateur players level up through in person practice drills, critiques, and advice.
- Improbable Shots: Videos of padel players performing difficult and creative shots to get a serve back to the opponent.
Content Opportunity Methodology
- Measure & Categorize. Sample a large number of social posts to find ones that are significantly outperforming the average.
- Identify Top Themes. Identify the themes that are resonating most with the audience by sorting the themes by their aggregated performance metrics.
- Identify a Benchmark. Identify content themes that are performing above and under an average benchmark for the industry based on views & engagements.
- Identify Opportunities. Look at the data and find the content themes that are resonating with the audience based on a set of top creators.
- Repeat For Each Platform. Repeat the analysis for every platform that matters to your brand and audience to find platform-specific opportunities.
YouTube Content Bucket Definitions:
- Tournament Live Stream: live stream of the entire tournament from start to finish.
- Tournament Highlights: replays of the most epic athlete plays during the tournament.
- Padel Prodigy: young athletes showcasing their honed skills during a game.
- Amateur vs. Professional: games played between an amateur padel player and professional athletes.
- Coaching Sessions: professional coaches teach an amateur player various padel techniques to help them level up.
- Trick Shots: videos of padel players performing difficult shots to get a serve back to the opponent.
- Perfect Play: athletes getting a point in the game through flawless execution and teamwork.
- Padel Challenge: professional athletes are challenged to a series of increasingly difficult shots.
- Athlete Interview: athletes sit down to answer questions about their career and fun facts that people didn’t know about.
- Athlete Training: precision training videos of athletes preparing for the tournaments with their coaches.
- Gear Review: amateur padel players give their candid opinion on new gear through trial on the court.
- News & Gossip: industry updates, commentary on games, and gossip about athlete’s new sponsors & teams breaking up.
- Padel Lessons: professional coaches give in-depth lessons on how to improve one’s padel skills through analyzing game replays.
- Comedy: short videos with funny content that only padel players can relate to.
- Quick Tips: short videos explaining how to perform a certain tactic through straight forward instructions and/or slow motion.
The top* videos published by the following Padel creators were analyzed:
Content buckets that had the highest views & engagement rate for the Padel audience include:
Good performing content opportunities for the Padel audience on YouTube include:
Substandard performing content opportunities for the Padel audience on YouTube include:
Low performing content opportunities for the Padel audience on YouTube include:
1. Padel Prodigy
Highlighting the potential of young athletes by showcasing their honed skills during a game. The young athlete’s talents are naturally captured during the game through the number of points scored and the unique tactics used to gain the point.
Tactics to Implement:
- Tell a Story: compiling multiple games played by a young athlete and providing an analytical commentary on it helps the audience understand the progression of the athlete’s career.
- Tactic Analysis: leaving a comment with timestamps of the unique tactics used by the young athletes helps the audience analyse games more easily.
- Meet a Need: recording games with a lack of professional media coverage provides the audience with game content they would’ve never had access to.
2. Amateur vs. Professional
A series of videos where a amateur padel player goes up against professional padel athletes, padel coaches, and other professional athletes from sports such as soccer.
Tactics to Implement:
- Candid Introductions: athletes were given the opportunity to introduce themselves without script, leading to more candid moments and laughter amongst the teams.
- Close-Up Shots: for 1v1 games, the videographer was able to go into the court during the game and capture the athlete’s tactics and emotions from a close-up proximity.
- Audience Empathy: padel enthusiasts can put themselves in the shoes of the amateur YouTuber playing against the professional athletes and see how they would compare.
3. Coaching Sessions
Coaches to professional athletes teach an amateur player various padel techniques and critiques their performance to help them improve their skills.
Tactics to Implement:
- Start-to-Finish: from the warm up drills all the way to learning the difficult tactics; the entirety of the coaching session is shared so the audience can easily replicate and learn themselves.
- Coach’s Sound Clips: only the coach has a mic on and even as the camera angles change, the coach’s voice is played throughout the video so the audience can catch all the spontaneous tips.
- Coaching Series: a series of videos where the audience can learn a multitude of different tactics and experience what it’s like being taught professionally.
4. Trick Shots
Padel players perform challenging and unique shots that surprisingly get the serve back to the opponent.
Tactics to Implement:
- Slow Motion: athlete’s motions during the trick shot are slowed down so the audience can better analyze the movements required.
- Commentary: emphasizing the difficulty of each trick shot performed and telling the audience where they should be looking during the trick shot performance.
- Highlight Reels Compilations: a compilation of the difficult shots used by professional athletes during games allows fans to easily replay their favourite athletes tactics.
Outlier Videos. These following videos are ‘viral’ outliers for exceeding 3x the views and engagements of their respective benchmarks.
Tournament Live Streams
Description. Audience can watch the entirety of the most popular padel tournaments; live streamed from start to finish.
Length: The average time of a tournament live stream are around 7.15 hours in length.
Description. The game played by professional padel player, Paquito Navarro, is featured as a tournament highlight because of his flawless set. Compilation of the best moments during a major padel tournament.
Make your digital strategy bulletproof.
Get insights like these, customized for your audience and competitors.Learn about Research-AS-A-SERVICE →